Saturday, May 8, 2010

March 21, 2010

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback! And a big thank you to Cathy for the offer of the pics, while I wait to get my own.
We are now up to 3 framed in walls, and hope to get all outside walls on today, if the rain holds off.
Then the interior walls, and I can start adding nest boxes and perches to the sections.
Maybe paint by the weekend...
My pretty green metal roof will arrive on Wed or Thu, and I'll have a page up with pics soon.
Hubby is actually enjoying this, especially since he decided he needed a miter saw for the aviary. So long as he gets a tool now and then, he's more than willing!
OK, loft is 16' long. Studs are 2' apart, and I'm debating....
I'm starting with 16 yb, and 4 breeding pair.
Should I have a 4x4 section for the breeders, a 4x6 section for the yb, and then a 4x6 section for storage, sink, and an isolation cage?
Or 2 sections 4x6, with the storage section 4x4 ?
Decisions, decisions... and a week ago I thought I'd have a 4x8, with no storage or sink...
Katy
absolutely thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment