Saturday, May 8, 2010

April 23, 2010

My young birds came to their new loft last Saturday. For the last 2 days they have been very alert, and jumped to the feeder as soon as I blew the whistle.
One or two would hit it as soon as I dumped in food, but the rest seemed to wait.
Today I put them in the carry cage, scraped perches and the solid half of the floor, then put the carry cage on the landing board and poured their food.
I then blew the whistle, and watched as they tried to figure out the bobs.
I half pushed one from the top hole of the cage, and after that one went thru, the other 15 QUICKLY followed!
We'll do this for the next couple weeks, then see if I'm confident enough to let them loft fly...
Katy
Feathers Aloft http://feathersaloft.com
North Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment