Saturday, May 8, 2010

March 20, 2010

(this post copied and pasted, as I try to keep history on my birds)

Well, after a year of research and mostly lurking on these lists, I've finally got a start!
Yesterday hubby built my loft floor.
Instead of the 4' x 8' starter loft I had originally planned, I now have a 4' x 16' loft going up.
2 sections, each 4' x 6', plus a 4' x 4' center room, for some storage, with a sink.
I will have some electricity, at least a few ceiling fixtures and an outlet or two.
Will have a 6' high lattice ceiling, to keep birds from getting to the fixtures, and keep them all reachable.
I will be picking up birds the 3rd weekend in April from Mississippi. Once again, thanks to all of you!
Last night I went to a local racing club, where I joined both that and the AU.
I was kind of surprised that there are no other females in the club. A bit disappointed in that, but maybe they were hiding...
I know some of the old guys at the club last night were surprised that I had done research, and had picked up on what they thought were secrets.
Had one ask what type of floor I was putting in. I was able to tell him that the back half is solid, the front is expanded metal (yes, I have been paying attention on these lists)
He was shocked, and very impressed.
I did see one white racer in the trailer that they were loading last night for a training toss today. Hmm, wonder if I should try at least racing with the club....
Then I bought my domain, and made a SMALL start on a site. I have plenty of time, since it will be a while before I am able to do releases, but I do have this cool new email address Smile emoticon
Oh, I will be putting pics of the loft as it is built. Once the sun finishes rising, I'll head out and take pics of the floor.
Anyhow, I am so excited, and just wanted to share.
Katy
Feathers Aloft
NW Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment