Saturday, May 8, 2010

April 17, 2010 Birds are Here

Today was the big day!
I drove to Columbus GA to meet Dr Rod Smith to pick up my first birds.
Came home with 16 unflown young birds, most right at 5 weeks old.
Also 8 breeders and 4 little white ringnecks.
Came home, put the birds in their respective lofts, and watched the fun!
The older birds quickly started bickering over who was claiming what spot, while the younger ones fluttered around, sitting on the sill leading to their aviary and hopping on and off of the perches.
I went and checked on them right after the sun went down, and everyone appeared content.
I'm sure there will be plenty of squabbles, as everyone figures out which perch is whose, and which nest box.
The ringnecks are sitting in their cage right next to me, occasionally making soft contented noises.
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment