Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

Went out to check out the birds, there was one sitting on the aviary door. I didn't think much of it, except that I needed to be sure that I did a good count before shutting it next time.
Looked in, and everyone was looking bright eyed and wanting to be out.
I opened the aviary door, and out flew the birds, like we do every day. Then, as they flock and circle, I count, and notice there are 12 flying! How odd! I double check, and the pair with the eggs is still sitting inside. So another of my missing birds is back, this one after 16 days!
Since one showed up on Thursday (12 days) and then one today, I'm thinking someone must have caught them and fed them for a few days, then released, and that is why they are coming home in good condition.
These are young birds I bought the middle of March, who have only loft flown, except that one time that I got a little antsy and did a half mile basket toss.
I'm being alert for canker signs, but since everyone is looking good, I am going to treat the water, but let them loft fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment